Wednesday, January 30, 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Liquid Sand Collection


OPI's new Mariah Carey collection is introducing a new formula of nail polish, Liquid Sand! When I first saw these I know I wanted to try them. I think it's wonderful that nail companies are branching out and trying new things, and this is definitely a product that caught my interest!


I used 3 coats of polish in all four pictures.

"The Impossible" is a bright pink-red with multiple darker pink shapes included. There are stars and differently sized circles in this polish. This one is the star of the show for me.

"Stay The Night" is a black-grey with dark red sparkles. This looks like volcanic ash and is really mysterious looking.

"Can't Let Go" is a purple liquid sand, this polish is beautiful but in comparison to others the most basic with no other additions.

"Get Your Number" is a bright blue with different color sparkles. This one is the most sheer of the bunch since you can still see my nail lines!

Overall, the Liquid Sand formula is definitely a personal preference. While some girls prefer a shiny and delicate manicure, others would prefer something new or different than the usual! The wear time is great because of how well it adheres to the nail, you can really feel it when you're wearing it. I personally really like the Liquid Sand's.. but one thing that really would deter me from wearing them is how hard it is to take it off with nail polish remover. I have to sit there for quite a bit longer than I normally would with this formula. That can be a big turn off if you're thinking of getting these. Otherwise, they are definitely gorgeous in person and eye catching!

Price:
$8.00 - $8.50 each

Where To Buy:
Ulta stores.

Rating:
(9.5/10)




No comments:

Post a Comment